About Customer Service Jobs At Home
If you have considered applying for a wah customer service position, it can help to be informed about this field. Some of the customer service companies and/or call centers prefer to hire people on as actual employees and this is quite common for virtual call center jobs. Many of these companies offer benefits as well. However, some companies choose to hire applicants on as independent contractors. Becoming a customer service representative can be a great steady job for those looking for work that is similar to an outside job and provides a set schedule. Becoming a customer service agent will also allow you to interact with people. Based on my observation, most of the work from home customer service agent positions pay anywhere from $8.00 per hour to $15.00 per hour and a lot of this is based on the applicant's experience. While each company has their own hiring process and requirements, listed below are a few things most will require of their applicants:
- Almost all customer service positions require a land line telephone that is used strictly for your job.
- Many of the companies hiring customer service representatives will perform background checks and some require you to pay for the background check.
- You can expect to be required to work a set schedule or a certain amount of hours per day or per week.
- You will be required to have a home office or work space that is free from distraction(kids, dogs, etc.).
- Depending on the company, your computer may have to meet certain requirements.
- If you cannot handle complaints or angry people well, this is not the job for you.